What state in australia grows the most sugar cane?
- FAQ. Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What state in australia grows the most sugar cane?» often ask the following questions
- 1 other answer
- Your answer
- 22 Related questions
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What state in australia grows the most sugar cane?» often ask the following questions:
⭐ Which state in australia grows the most bananas?
Queensland's banana industry. Bananas are Australia's largest horticultural industry and highest selling supermarket product.
- What state is australia most similar to?
- What kills cane toads in australia?
- Australia grows which stone fruits?
⭐ Were cane toads brought into australia to eat sugar cane?
No. Cane toads were brought into Australia to eat the cane beetles devastating the sugar cane crops in northeastern Australia. The toads were an experiment, imported into the country by the Australian Bureau of Sugar Experimental Stations to eat cane beetles, specifically, Greyback and French's Cane Beetles. These native beetles ate grass roots, bored into the roots of sugar cane crops and caused the plants to die and go brown. Using poison controls had been unsuccessful, so it was hoped cane toads would prove to be an effective biological control on the beetles.
- What is the most boring state in australia?
- What is the most northerly state in australia?
- What is the most populated state in australia?
⭐ How much does a sugar cane cost at a market in australia?
- What state in australia has the most land?
- What state in australia is most gold found?
- What state in australia is the most populated?
1 other answer
Most sugar cane in Australia is grown in Queensland. This is because Queensland has the best sub-tropical and tropical climate which is ideal for cane-growing.
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «What state in australia grows the most sugar cane?» so you can surely find the answer!
How cane cane toads have affected the carrying capacity for cane grubs in australia?
The cane toad started to all kinds of foods. that left the native species and cane grubs with no food to eat. So....they watched porn
What kind of lemon tree grows in australia?
- Lemon - Verna. Has been recently introduced into Australia, its origins are unknown but it has been extensively planted throughout Spain. The tree is vigorous with a spreading habit and small thorns. Fruit are less rounded in shape than other varieties and have a pronounced neck with few seeds.
Who grows sheet moss in australia?
Kangaroo's and big glasses of beer.
What state in australia has the most tropical forests?
Which state in australia rains the most?
Mean rainfall in Australia 2020, by state
In 2020, Tasmania received the highest annual rainfall of any state or territory in Australia at an average of 1295.2 millimeters. South Australia was the driest state with 222.7 millimeters of rainfall on average.
What affects have cane toads had on australia?
Cane toads eat anything thay can handle (eat) and have no natural enemies. They also eat rare species of other frogs for example. The toads are poisonous so Australian enemies that will attempt to eat the toad will die, including pets like cats and dogs.
What damage did cane toads do to australia?
Cane toads showed damage by sucking the sugar cane sticks instead of eating cane beetles! Cane toads were originally brought to Australia to eat the cane grub. But instead (some say because the grubs were too high up in the Sugar cane) the cane toad started eating everything else. The cane toad is also poisonous and because of this, many animals which are not aware of this (especially native Australian animals) have died. The Cane toad also breeds incredibly fast and so the population is rapidly increasing and spreading further. The Cane toads have caused damage to Australia and will continue doing so until they are eliminated from this country. They are destroying our wildlife and are not doing anything helpful.
What problems do cane toads cause in australia?
Cane toads eat anything thay can handle (eat) and have no natural enemies. The toads are poisonous so any enemy that will attempt to eat the toad will die, including pets like cats and dogs.
What year were cane toads introduced in australia?
Cane toads were introduced into Australia in 1935.
What year were cane toads introduced to australia?
The cane toad was introduced into Australia in 1935.
Does western australia have cane toads?
It is possible that there are populations of the cane toad in far northern Western Australia which have not yet been documented. However, known cane toad distribution extends from the tropical and sub-tropical areas of the Northern Territory to most of Queensland, and far northern New South Wales.
Where are cane toads in australia?
Cane toads have spread from the tropical and sub-tropical areas of the Northern Territory to most of Queensland, and far northern New South Wales. For a map of the cane toad's distribution, see the related link.
Which fruit grows best in south australia?
Stonefruits such as apricots and nectarines grow well in South Australia, as do oranges.
What is the most populated state in australia by population?
- Australian States and Territories By Population. New South Wales is the most populous state in Australia, and Sydney, the state capital, is the most populous city of the country. Sydney is the most populated city in Australia and is located in New South Wales, the most populated Australian state.
What is the state with the most population in australia?
New South Wales (abbreviated as NSW) is Australia's most populous state.The state capital is Sydney, which is also the state's most populous city. As of June 2010, the estimated population was 7,238,819, which was 34.5% of the population of Australia.
What state in australia has the most people in it?
- New South Wales is the biggest state in Australia by population. The state accounts for about 32% of the country's population. It is also the fifth-largest state in terms of total land area, accounting for about 10% of the country's total area.
Is queensland the most populated state in australia?
Not at all. Australia's most populated state is New South Wales.
Which is the most diverse state in australia?
- Proudly, Victoria is the most diverse state within Australia with an overall population of 5,937,481, our median age is 37.3. “ECCV is honoured to continue its work as a representative to more than half of the state’s population who come from culturally diverse backgrounds. ECCV believes that our
Which state in australia has the most deforestation?
Australia is among the worst 11 countries for deforestation, according to WWF. And the state with the highest rate of land clearing is Queensland. In that state, in 2015-16, about 395,000 hectares of native vegetation were cleared. That can be hard to visualise, but it's an area roughly the size of Sydney or Melbourne.
Which state in australia has the most sunshine?
According to Bureau of Meteorology data, Perth is now the sunniest State capital with a long-term annual average of 8.8 hours of sunshine a day -- ahead of Darwin (8.5 hours), Brisbane (8.2 hours), Adelaide (7.7 hours), Canberra (7.7 hours), Sydney (7.2 hours), Melbourne (6.5 hours) and Hobart (6.4 hours).
Which state in australia pays teachers the most?
Western Australia is currently the leader in teacher pay in the state system (WA is known for funding its education system well, as seen in its debate over the Gonski reforms). New graduate teachers earn $60,545 this year.
Which state in australia uses the most water?